Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Iris at 6 1/2 months old

At 6 months old, Iris is such an alert and active baby! She loves to be where the action is. I lay her down on the floor to play and she rolls...and rolls...and rolls. She can get to whatever she sets her eyes on by rolling, turning, and inching herself to the object, even if it's something clear across the room. It is so funny to watch her. If I put her in her bouncer and don't strap her in, within seconds she flips herself over and inches her way out of it and onto the ground.
Iris is now sitting up on her own. She likes to sit there and play with her toys or roll the ball back and forth to Jordan. She's also eating 3 meals a day, which she loves! I think her favorites are carrots and applesauce. She's still nursing every 3-4 hours. I've tried giving her a few bottles of formula to see how she'd do and she hates it. She takes one drink and she's done. Looks like we may be nursing longer than I anticipated!
Iris has been more vocal the past month or so. She likes to say "da da da da." She makes so many cute noises. In fact, as I'm typing this, she's in her jumparoo talking up a storm.
Here are a few pictures from last week. Isn't she precious?
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jessica both of your kids are so adorable. Love her hat!!!
Wendy Brademeyer

Erika said...

She is soooo precious! I love her hat! I can never get my monkeys to leave them on!

rebeccavalentine said...

so adorable! like seeing all this stuff getting more use :)