Monday, September 21, 2009

Iris Elizabeth








































Yesterday (Sept. 20th) at 4:00 a.m. my water broke. We were out the door in about 15 minutes and arrived at U of M hospital around 5:00 a.m. My contractions were coming quick and getting very strong on the drive over. By the time we arrived and they got me into a room, I was having contractions one after another and the pain was unbearable. I knew things were moving extremely fast. They checked my cervix around 5:10 and I was 7cm and 100% effaced. In a matter of about 10 minutes they quickly wheeled my bed into a delivery room, popped my IV in, and I felt the urge to push. The doctor checked my cervix again about 5:20 and quickly yelled to the nurses "We have a baby coming!" I pushed for 10 minutes and Iris Elizabeth was born at 5:35 a.m., weighing 8lbs. 1oz. and measuring just about 20 inches long. We just barely made it to the hospital in time. I can't imagine what my story would be if we would have hit some traffic or construction on the way there! I'm still trying to process everything. It was so fast. There wasn't any time for an epidural or any kind of pain relief for that matter. I never thought I would deliver a baby naturally, but in a case like that, you have no choice. I will say that pain was something I can't even put into words, but what I felt afterwards made every bit of the pain so worth it. This little girl is so precious and such an awesome blessing from God. I'll be posting a lot more pictures throughout the week.

9 comments:

Leslie Collins said...

I can TOTALLY feel your pain! Good work! She is gorgeous. I love the name! :) Cannot wait to meet her.

Unknown said...

amazing! :) Good job! I am so happy for you guys!! She's so beautiful! :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures Jess!!! She looks great, and your little family is too cute! Looks like you were busy with vistors! Hope things go smoothly this week while you are adjusting to two kiddos. I'll talk to you soon!

Dee

Carrie Cole said...

WOW...thats crazy! Glad it was fast! She is a little cutie! Cant wait to see more pics...

Allison said...

WOW! All that in an hour and a half! She's absolutely gorgeous:) Can't wait to meet her- let me know when you are ready for visitors! Hope Jordan is adjusting well too. I bet Mike's already so in love:)

Erika said...

She's beautiful...and lucky you it went so fast! Congrats on your growing and blessed family!
Erika

Maria said...

WOW! That was really fast! You look amazing and she is adorable...Congratulations!

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

Yay for quick deliveries!!! She's such a doll and you did a great job. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Awwwww, my niece is here. She is sooo cute. I miss you guys and I am so excited for you. I can't wait to see her. Uncle Bobby