Monday, October 19, 2009

Jordan's 1st trip to the ER



Last night was the scariest night I've had as a mom. Mike and Jordan were working on his train set at the dining room table. Jordan was on his knees on the chair when he slipped, hitting his chin hard on the table. When Mike picked him up, he noticed his bottom teeth had gone completely through the skin under his bottom lip. I panicked for a few seconds, but immediately started praying for God to take away his pain. Mike did an amazing job of comforting Jordan while I drove to the hospital. Jordan was so strong and didn't seem to be in too much pain. God is so faithful!! Jordan ended up having the wound glued shut instead of stitches. Another praise! I can't imagine my little guy having to go through the trauma of getting stitches on his face. This morning he seems to be doing well. He's running around the house like a wild man as if nothing ever happened. That was quite an experience for all of us last night, but I'm so thankful Jordan is okay!

3 comments:

rebeccavalentine said...

yikes...so glad Jordan is ok!

Unknown said...

ahhh I am dreading that moment! I'd totally panic! You did good! Glad he's feeling better!

jacksonfamily said...

Jess before I had Clare I was a nanny for triplet boys and we frequented the ER often. I think its just a boy thing and they had lots of stitches and even more "glue" wounds :) I'm so glad to hear he's doing well and you did good :)